My name is Debra MacIntyre, I am a Naturopathic Doctor and the founder of Vitality Project in Roswell, Georgia. I have been in private practice since 1994. This means that I am more aware of the health hazards of mold than most people.
But that fact did not prepare me for fighting progressively worsening symptoms for several years. At first, I just experienced brain fog and fatigue. As time went on, I could tell my muscles were weaker. My eyes were red, even when I got enough sleep. I became unable to tolerate a growing number of foods and developed Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune thyroid condition. Finally, I began to have neurological symptoms, like balance issues and trouble finding words. Because my home tested free of mold, I assumed it was Lyme disease. I was beyond frustrated, because I was treating myself appropriately and still feeling horrible. Little did I know that I was having a MASSIVE undetected mold exposure!
One day, a health newsletter that I subscribe to came in my email. In it, was an interview that Dr Joseph Mercola did with a plastic surgeon named Susan Kolb regarding women who had developed various diseases from their breast implants. When Dr Kolb said that she commonly found mold inside saline implants that were more than 8 years old, it hit me like a ton of bricks! I just KNEW that my nearly 22-yr-old saline implants were making me sick!
[googlefont font=”Arial” size=”12px” margin=”10px 0 20px 0″]Side by side comparison of a new siclione implant and a contaminated implant.[/googlefont]
I made the decision to remove them, and went to Dr Kolb for this procedure, because it is vitally important that certain protocols be followed to remove as much toxic burden as possible. It turns out that the implants were indeed filled with mold and bacteria, with black mold growing around the valve. These toxins had been leaking into my body and making me sick. Although Dr Kolb maintains that implants can be used without a huge health impact (they must be changed out every 8 years) I chose to not replace them. I am thrilled with my results and the best part is that I am now able to heal from the mold toxicity!
I have studied and followed Dr Richie Shoemaker’s mold detox protocols, substituting herbal and nutritional supplements for the Rx meds he uses, (including some from Microbalance Health Products) and I feel better than I have in years! When I got those implants in 1994, I was told that they were totally safe. The symptoms came on so gradually for the first 10 years that as they steadily worsened, it never dawned on me that the implants were causing them. I am very grateful to have seen that interview! If you know anyone with breast implants, this is important information. You can watch the interview here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEu-wcxCf8A
I share my story in the hopes that it will help you or someone you know.
With warm regards,
Debra MacIntyre, ND