Why it Takes the Whole Body to Get Well!
By Cesar Collado
Many of my articles describe issues and treatments to address chronic sinusitis and mold sensitivity. Maintaining “Mold Hygiene” includes critical steps to get and stay well for many patients. There are sinusitis patients who are severely, chronically ill; where chronic sinusitis is but a symptom of a greater fungal infection, persistent inflammation, and microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs). Many of the required treatment protocols require changes in lifestyle, diet, and a regimen of treatment modalities to help the body heal through natural detoxification. Chronic Sinusitis is one of the most common chronic illnesses and can be very debilitating year round. Patients must get nutrition, mineral, and liver support onboard to optimize conditions for the body to be able to optimally detox or to excrete out the harmful toxins over time. For mold patients, assisting the body with detoxification is extremely important, because many have faulty or “clogged” detox pathways and their bodies are sick, because they have been unable to get rid of the mold toxins naturally.
As with many chronic illnesses, there is no magic pill or cure. Instead, a protocol requiring multiple steps to address the many biological systems that work together to fight illness, heal, and perform is what is necessary. This requires the body’s systems and organs to perform at their best to be able to remove the toxins.
I asked Dr. Dennis to walk me through his prescribed “Maximum Therapy” for severe patients. I thought sharing this information would be something other patients might want to know for reference, especially those treated by other physicians in other geographies.
“The Single Most Important Rx”
Getting out of the mold and into a safe, mold-free place is critical to not only preventing the infection from getting worse, but it will allow the body to start healing. Feeling better corresponds with this specific action! Many people, including myself, cannot imagine having to get out of our homes and leaving everything except the clothes on our backs until proper remediation occurs. The sobering fact is that if mold in the home is making you chronically sick to the degree of debilitation, you have to get out to get well. No medicine or medical treatment will work if the body is constantly assaulted with an inflammation response or increased inhalation and storage of toxins in the body. Getting away from the mold source will lend your body reprieve from the antigen, so that it can tell you if it feels better.
When this is not possible right away, an Environmental Treatment Protocol must be followed that includes:
- HEPA Air Purification (Dr. Dennis recommends IQ Air: (https://www.natlallergy.com/air-purifiers/iqair/)
- Fogging the entire home (basement included) with EC3 SANI+TIZER Fogger to remove mold & mycotoxins
- Using EC3 Air Purification Candles in each room in which you spend one hour or longer
- Washing all washable clothes and bed linens with EC3 Laundry Additive in every wash; fog all clothes in your closet as well. (Don’t forget the link for the laundry additive.)
Maximum Therapy is a term used by Dr. Dennis and reflects a series of treatments to address all of the body’s systems involved with healing from fungal infection and mold mycotoxins.
There are several components that are used in various combinations by Dr. Dennis:
- Regular (2X/Day) rinsing with a nasal rinse system and CitriDrops Dietary Supplement. Removing mold and infectious mucous from the sinuses allows the body to heal by removing the mold spores that are continuing to make you sick and causing a continuous inflammatory response.
- 100% Oxygen at 10/L/Min for 2 hours a day. Medical oxygen, by prescription, is used to open the capillaries and increases levels of oxygen reaching tissues for healing.
- IntraMAX Multivitmin/Mineral Supplement is an all-in-one, completely organic liquid vitamin and mineral supplement. It is Dr. Dennis’ recommended vitamin and supplement. It includes probiotics and digestive enzymes for gut health and immune system support. It is a source of over 415 nutrients.
- Acetyl Glutathione 300 mg twice a day. Glutathione is a naturally-occurring, intracellular, master antioxidant that helps maintain the immune system. It is unique in that it is located inside of your cells. “The liver and kidneys are key in removing mycotoxins. People with mycotoxicosis usually have lower glutathione levels in their kidneys, liver, and red blood cells, thus they cannot get rid of the mold toxins as well as normal people. So, providing supplemental GSH is essential to assisting the liver and kidneys in removing the mycotoxins (and other toxins such as heavy metals when present) from the body.”1
- Amphotericin-B nose spray or nasal nebulization. Amphotericin-B is a potent antifungal that has been understood to contain a very toxic profile. By using the antifungal in a nose drop or nebulization formulation, significantly lower doses are required. Furthermore, it is used as a topical medicine inside the sinuses on the paranasal mucosa, so it avoids organ metabolization and toxicity associated with intravenous dosing.
- Oral antifungals, Fluconazole, Itraconozole, CitriDrops Dietary Supplement, and Oregano oil.
- Opti cleanse GHI liver detoxification supplement provides macro- and micronutrients that support all phases of biotransformation and detoxification; these nutrients also support the mitochondrial energy production for hormone balance and metabolism.
Other supplements or prescriptions can be used, depending on a patient’s specific blood work-up. These include the following:
- DHA or Omega 3 fatty acid Supplements. DHA is critical to a normal metabolism and inflammatory processes. The modern diet is commonly composed of a higher ratio of Omega 6 fatty acids to the healthy Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Phosphatidylserineis an important chemical with widespread functions in the body. It is part of the cell structure and is key in the maintenance of cellular function, especially in the brain.
- Methylcobalamin or B12is a naturally-occurring co-enzyme form of Vitamin B12, which circulates through the blood stream. In addition to the Vitamin B12 structure, it has an additional methyl-containing metal-alkyl group. It helps the body to produce red blood cells and can be used as a dietary supplement. It is a nutrient that helps keep nerve and blood cells healthy, and also helps to make DNA and strengthen the immune system.
- L Methylfolate is needed to form healthy cells, especially red blood cells. Folic acid supplements may come in different forms (such asL-methylfolate, levomefolate, methyltetrahydrofolate). They are used to treat or prevent low folate levels. Low folate levels can lead to certain types of anemia.
- Candida Diet. Candida Albicans are part of many people’s normal gut flora. Fungal infections in the sinuses can spread to other organs and parts of the body such as oral thrush, toenail fungus, and vaginal yeast infections. Starving the body of sugar and simple carbohydrates is very effective in getting well from fungal infections and decreasing inflammation in the body. Dennis’ Candida Diet can be found HERE
When Maximum therapy does not work, the issue is often that the patient is still living in a moldy environment.
While this number of medicinal approaches and nutritional supplements seems like a lot, it must be remembered that when dealing with inflammation and toxins, the human body must be treated as a whole system of sub-systems.
The human body has remarkable healing abilities. Unfortunately, there are no medications that treat or neutralize toxins. They must be removed, and our bodies possess the only mechanisms to remove toxins. At times, physicians will use “binders” to cling to and escort toxins through the body’s excretion systems. Activated charcoal, chlorestymine, colesevelem HCL, Welchol, and Chlorellaare some of the most commonly used. They too take time to remove toxins.
When there is a substantial fungal infection in the sinuses where the mold hyphae (roots that can penetrate tissue) are present, surgery may be required to remove the “fungal ball.” Dr. Dennis will clear out the diseased tissue to open the sinuses. Unique to Dr. Dennis is the utilization of Amphoteracin-B to rinse or soak the sinus tissue killing and removing hyphae and mycotoxins from the sensitive tissue adjacent to the brain and pituitary gland. I have met numerous patients who experienced wellness for the first time in years. You can read about this procedure in a newsletter and medical publication by Dr. Dennis and the late Dr. Jack Thrasher on the procedure HERE.
I have also witnessed a specific situation where “Maximum Therapy” was prescribed with surgery to be scheduled. This happened to a friend of mine. Miraculously, he returned to Dr. Dennis after a few months and looked extremely well. Upon further examination, it was determined that surgery was no longer required.
Dr. Dennis also recommends two homeopathic medicines to support the immune system and promote cellular healing.
- Sinus Defense is a homeopathic, colostrum-based supplement containing Transfer Factor, small immune messenger molecules that help cells identify and eliminate invaders. Once Transfer Factor targets mold invaders, immune cells (T Cells) become efficient destroyers of it. Sinus Defense is designed to bind to a broad array of antigens, especially mold, since mold spores exist almost everywhere, to reduce inflammation and other symptoms normally caused by mold exposure. Learn more about Sinus Defense HERE.
- CellTropin is a homeopathic medicine that promotes cellular healing. When a fungal sinus infection occurs close to the brain (Sphenoid sinus is adjacent to the pituitary gland), it can disrupt pituitary function causing hormone dysregulation, low thyroid, and adrenal fatigue. CellTropin is formulated with Pituitary 3x, 6x, 12x, and 30x to normalize the hormone deficiencies, Argenine to support improved circulation, and astragalus root to decrease the DNA damage inherent with toxic exposures.
Comments and questions can be made on this post or I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.