Failure to Identify and Eliminate Environmental Exposures Prolongs Suffering From Chronic Sinusitis

by Dr. Donald Dennis, MD, FACS

I have an important question for you. What is the number one mistake made by doctors who treat Chronic Sinusitis? This is an important question. Chronic Sinusitis is America’s most prevalent disease, and if you have been chronically suffering without relief, you are most likely being improperly treated. In fact, I would be willing to bet that your current sinusitis treatment has alleviated your symptoms only temporarily, if at all. I would even go so far as to bet that you have been having the same sinus problems for years without any true answers as to why.

How do I know about the plight of chronic sinusitis sufferers? I know because every day I see patients who are still sick and frustrated from seeing countless doctors who are only treating them for symptoms of the problem and not the cause. You see, it is a common belief in the medical community that the source of the problem is bacteria growing in the sinuses. The truth is that bacteria are a “symptom” of the problem. The real reason for repeated bouts with sinusitis is a genetic predisposition to mold allergies and inflammation caused by exposure to mold.

Medical professionals commonly fail to recognize mold sensitivity in their patients, even though over 16% of the population has this sensitivity. Doctors tend to treat only the immediate infection with antibiotics rather than the source of the problem which is ongoing mold inhalation.

Of course, a misdiagnosis allows the disease to progress over time leading to systemic symptoms such as muscle and joint pain, fibromyalgia, dizziness, brain fog, fatigue, swelling, food allergies, Candida infections, bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, and hormonal imbalance. Unfortunately, for most patients, those other symptoms are never connected to the same trigger as sinusitis.

So, by now you are probably wondering what you can do to fix the problem. Here are 5 easy steps that I designed for my patients that are proven to help you to feel good again. Just follow this simple protocol for treating your nasal passages (the point of inhalation), body, and environment.

5 Steps for Sinus Symptom Relief

1. Clean Your Nose. Since mold is a natural substance and it is in the air you breathe, you need to remove it from reaching your sinuses. Once in the sinuses, the environment is moist and full of organic material for mold spores to settle into, breed, and create an infection. Cleaning your nasal passages properly stops the chain of events that leads to sickness. To do this, you need to rinse your nose twice a day with an irrigation system, such as a NasoPure kit or a Grossan HydroPulse, and use an antifungal added to the rinse like CitriDrops Dietary Supplement.   The proper mixing ratio for your wash solution is:

  • A packet of salt and Sodium Bicarbonate mix (sold with your sinus wash kit)
  • 8 drops of CitriDrops (Antifungal)
  • 8 ounces of distilled water (Do not use tap water since chlorine kills the good bacteria and destroys nasal cilia!)

2. Test for mold in your home, car, and workplace.  The environmental air mold “load” should be below 4 colonies for low sensitivity sufferers and below 3 colonies for highly sensitive sufferers. Mold plate tests are simple and can be administered in one hour, although results require 5 days to view.

3. If your mold test show higher than normal counts, remediate your environmental air. Micro Balance Health Products makes a line of cleaners for this. Use the EC3 Air Purification Candles and the EC3 Mold Solution Concentrate together to clean. I worked with a pharmacist to formulate these products for my patients and have made them available now for anyone who needs them. There are other tools such as HEPA filters to help you maintain air quality, but these are the basics you will need.

4. Use common sense. If you have a water leak problem in your house you must get this fixed or you will never get ahead of your mold problem. Remember, mold only needs a humidity level of 50% to proliferate.

5. Finally, support your immune system. The mold reaction you are experiencing suppresses your immune system which keeps you from getting well. Taking an immune booster such as Complete Thymic Formula will help your body fight the infections you are experiencing. For help with a nutritional plan, you can take the free evaluation at my website or find a good antifungal diet plan from a trusted source online.

If you are ready to join the thousands who have found long-term control of their mold inhalation symptoms, just follow the 5 steps in this protocol. It will be worth the effort to feel good again. For more information or to take the evaluation, please visit us at

Did you find this article helpful? We hope so. Feel free to comment below or to email us at