By Dr. Donald Dennis, M.D.,F.A.C.S.- March 23, 2012
I have an important question for you. What is the number one mistake made by doctors who treat Chronic Sinusitis? This is important because if you have America’s most prevalent disease you are most likely being improperly treated. I would be willing to bet that your sinusitis treatment has gotten you well only temporarily, if at all. In fact, I would go so far as to bet that you have been having the same problem for years.
How do I know this? I know because, it is more than likely that your doctor is treating you for the symptoms of your problem and not the cause. You see, it is a common belief in the medical community that the source of your problem is bacteria growing in your sinuses. The truth is that the bacteria there are a “symptom” of your problem. The real reason for your repeated bouts with sinusitis is a genetic predisposition to mold allergies.
Medical professionals commonly fail to recognize the mold sensitivity in their patients, even though 16% of the population has this sensitivity. They tend to treat only the infection with antibiotics rather than the source of the problem which is ongoing mold inhalation. Of course a misdiagnosis allows the disease to progress over time leading to systemic symptoms such as muscle and joint pain, fibromyalgia, dizziness, brain fog, fatigue, swelling, food allergies, Candida infections, bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, and hormone imbalance.
So, by now you are probably wondering what you can do to fix your problem. Here are 4 easy steps that will help you to feel good again.
Just follow this simple protocol for treating your body and environment.
1. Since mold is a natural substance and it is in the air you breathe, you need to remove it from your sinus. To do this you need to wash twice a day with an irrigation system, such as a NasoPure kit or a Grossan HydroPulse, and use an antifungal like CitriDrops. The proper mixing ratio for your wash solution is:
– A packet of Sodium Bicarbonate (sold with your sinus wash kit)
– 8 drops of CitriDrops (Antifungal)
– 8 oz. of Distilled water (not tap water since chlorine kills the good bacteria and destroys nasal cilia!)
2. Test for mold in your home, car and work place. The environmental air mold ‘load’ should be 4 colonies or below for low sensitivity sufferers and 2 colonies or below for highly sensitive sufferers. These tests are simple and can be administered in one hour, although results require 5 days to view.
3. If you show higher than normal counts, remediate your environmental air. Micro Balance Health Products makes a line of cleaners for this. Use the EC3 Air Purification Candles and the EC3 Mold Solution Concentrate together for your initial cleanings and the EC3 Air Purification Wicks to maintain your air quality. There are other tools such as HEPA filters to help you with the cleaning, but these are the basics you will need. As always use common sense. If you have a water leak problem in your house you must get this fixed or you will never get ahead of your mold problem. Remember, mold only needs a humidity level of 50% to proliferate.
4. Finally, support your immune system. The mold reaction you are experiencing suppresses your immune system which keeps you from getting well. Taking an immune booster such as Thymate will help your body fight the infections you are experiencing. For help with nutritional plan you can take the free evaluation on this website.
If you are ready to join the thousands who have gained long term control over their mold inhalation symptoms just follow the four steps in this protocol. It will be worth the effort to feel good again.
Does he evaluate patients remotely? I am in Washington state.
Since my specialty is ENT, I do not do remote consults, because I have to do a physical examination and evaluation of the sinuses for the treatments I perform. For all other treatments, I usually work in tandem with an environmentally-trained MD or ND. Dr. Tanner does do remote consults and I work with her often. Her website is http://www.thebodynexus.com.
I found out I have been drinking black mold for at least a week. Any suggestions for actually ingesting black mold? I’ve gone through many symptoms but now I’m left with a headache, sinus pain and dizziness.
Speak to your trusted healthcare practitioners first to see if they advise any testing or interventions. It is wise to treat both nasal passages and your gut with natural antimicrobials and antifungals. Do not drink tap water as it is a source of chlorine and flouride that feeds fungus. Switch to an antifungal/anti candida diet. CitriDrops Nasal Spray, Candida Rid, Sinus Defense, and CitriDrops Dietary Supplement could all be helpful. You could also try natural binders to help your body get the toxins excreted more efficiently.
Do you take medicade patients?
Call Dr. Dennis’s office at 404-350-9062. His staff will be able to advise you on new patient intake and on financial and payment options that are currently accepted.